Make the cinnamon Vegan scrolls you will of ever tasted
Just add 1:
30g apple sauce
25g coconut oil
110ml plant milk, warm
Just add 2:
10 - 20ml plant milk
- Add all of the ingredients from bag 1 into a large mixing bowl, followed by the “just add 1” ingredients.
- Mix with a spoon before kneading for 5 minutes (you may need some extra flour to dust the bench with here).
- Place the dough bowl back into the mixing bowl with a tea towel over it and leave to rise for 1-2 hours. It should double in size.
- Punch dough to deflate it and roll out into a rectangle that is approximately 43cm x 32cm.
- Brush the flat dough with some extra coconut oil and then sprinkle the ingredients from bag 2 so that it evenly coats the top of the dough. Leave ½ an inch from the sides.
- Roll the dough until long and then cut into 6 even portions (into your scrolls).
- Place the dough scrolls on a lined baking tray 2 cm apart from each other and cover with the tea towel. Leave to rise for another hour in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the top turns a golden brown colour.
- Leave the cinnamon scrolls to cool on a cooling rack until cool.
- Empty the contents of bag 3 into a small bowl and add the milk from “just add 2”. Start with 10 ml and add more until the icing is your desired thickness.
- Eat straight away or store them in a sealed container for approximately 4 days (longer in the fridge).