Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Mexican Spiced Chickpeas
200g or 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
4 small sweet potatoes (approximately 300g per potato)
4g or 2 tsp ground coriander
8g or 2 tsp garlic powder
3g or 1 tsp smoked paprika
3g or 1 tsp sweet paprika
3g or 1 tsp ground cumin
3g or ¼ tsp salt
250g tomato passata
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place the whole sweet potatoes onto a baking tray, pierce the skin with a fork and drizzle it with olive oil before baking for 25-30 minutes or until soft in the middle.
- In a frypan, heat a drizzle of olive oil and then cook the spices until aromatic.
- Add the chickpeas, tomato passata and water, and simmer until the liquid has reduced.
- Serve by cutting the sweet potato down the middle and then add the chickpeas and preferred toppings.