Sticky Caramel and Macadamia Clusters
Raw Bulk Foods
Fresh macadamias, gooey caramel and dark chocolate? This recipe can do no wrong! You wouldn't believe that the caramel is made from only 3 ingredients. Share with your loved ones if you want to impress them, or keep them all to yourself!
- Make your own cashew milk by blitzing the cashews and water in a blender until all of the cashew chunks are gone.
- Pour cashew milk into a small saucepan and add the brown sugar.
- Heat on a medium heat until it starts to boil, whisking continuously.
- Turn heat down to a medium-low heat and continue to whisk for 10-15 minutes or until a thick caramel is formed.
- Add salt to the caramel (optional).
- Combine the caramel and macadamias in a bowl until the macadamias are fully coated.
- Spoon mixture into clusters onto a greased, lined baking tray and place in the freezer for at last an hour or until they hold together (they will still be sticky).
- Melt the chocolate* and coat the caramel macadamia clusters by dipping in the chocolate and gently tossing around. Make sure you do this quickly as the warm chocolate will melt the caramel.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
*Melt chocolate either in a microwave or in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
Macadamias are great! BUT this recipe would also work with other nuts, seeds or some of our granola. Personalise it to your own preference.