Sticky Caramel and Macadamia Clusters
240g macadamias, roughly chopped
80g raw cashews
230ml or 1 cup water
200g or 1 cup brown sugar
2 pinches of salt to taste
150g dark chocolate
15g coconut oil (optional, helps with coating)
- Make your own cashew milk by blitzing the cashews and water in a blender until all of the cashew chunks are gone.
- Pour cashew milk into a small saucepan and add the brown sugar.
- Heat on a medium heat until it starts to boil, whisking continuously.
- Turn heat down to a medium-low heat and continue to whisk for 10-15 minutes or until a thick caramel is formed.
- Add salt to the caramel (optional).
- Combine the caramel and macadamias in a bowl until the macadamias are fully coated.
- Spoon mixture into clusters onto a greased, lined baking tray and place in the freezer for at last an hour or until they hold together (they will still be sticky).
- Melt the chocolate* and coat the caramel macadamia clusters by dipping in the chocolate and gently tossing around. Make sure you do this quickly as the warm chocolate will melt the caramel.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set.