Skip the single use plastic packet and make your own fresh wholesome snacks at home.
Crunchy Chickpea Snacks
200g dried chickpeas (400g cooked)
8g or 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
8g or 1 Tbsp ground coriander
4g or ½ Tbsp ground cumin
4g or ½ Tbsp cumin seeds
13g or 1 Tbsp brown sugar
25g or 2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
- Cook chickpeas* until they are mostly soft but slightly firm.
- Use a towel to pat the chickpeas dry, the drier they are the crispier they will become.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spread onto a lined baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes. Toss them around every 5-10 minutes so they cook evenly.
- Once cooked, leave on the bench to cool before eating.