Thinking about Christmas prep already well make sure you save this one
Mushroom and Lentil Wellington w/ Homemade Pastry
250g bakers flour
50g or ¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 large brown onion, diced
390g button mushrooms, diced
190g red lentils
100g red or white wine
500ml stock water
3g dried thyme
22g dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
100g tomato paste
80g besan flour
- Mix all of the crust ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until it starts to hold together, then knead for 5 minutes and set aside. Leave to rest in a covered bowl on the bench for at least 1 hour.
- Saute the onion and garlic in a frypan with the olive oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, lentils, and wine.
- Simmer for 1 minute before adding the stock water, thyme, mustard, tomato paste and salt and pepper.
- Continue to simmer until the liquid has been fully absorbed by the lentils.
- Leave to cool for approximately 20 minutes before adding the besan flour to the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Roll ⅓ of the pastry out into a thin, long oval shape (enough to fit the filling inside). Place on a lined baking tray.