Mushroom and Lentil Wellington w/ Homemade Pastry
Raw Bulk Foods
Ready for no meat days? We have you covered! With this Mushroom and Lentil Wellington taste better than the original beef one trust us!
250g bakers flour
- 50g or ¼ cup olive oil
- 80g water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 390g button mushrooms, diced
190g red split lentils
- 100g red or white wine
- 500ml stock water
3g dried thyme
3g dried sage
- 22g dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g tomato paste
80g besan flour
- Mix all of the crust ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until it starts to hold together, then knead for 5 minutes and set aside. Leave to rest in a covered bowl on the bench for at least 1 hour.
- Saute the onion and garlic in a frypan with the olive oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, lentils, and wine.
Simmer for 1 minute before adding the stock water, thyme, sage, mustard, tomato paste and salt and pepper.
- Continue to simmer until the liquid has been fully absorbed by the lentils.
- Leave to cool for approximately 20 minutes before adding the besan flour to the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Roll ⅓ of the pastry out into a thin, long oval shape (enough to place the filling on top). Place on a lined baking tray.
- Spoon the filling into the middle of the pastry, making sure to leave 2 cm around the edge.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry, a little larger this time as to fit around the filling.
- Place the pastry over the filling, using a fork to seal the edges.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Leave the wellington on the bench to cool slightly before serving it.