Fruit Mince Pies
Raw Bulk Foods
If there was a recipe that screamed "Christmas is here!" it would be this Fruit Mince Pie recipe. The shortbread crust is crumbly and sweet and the filling is full of Christmas spices and flavourful dried fruit. The perfect addition to your Christmas dessert table!
200g or 1 ½ cups bakers white flour
50g or ¼ cup caster sugar
- 100g coconut oil, room temperature
- 30ml water
- 100g grated apple
- 6g or 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 75g orange juice
- 15g rum
2g or 1 tsp cinnamon ground
1g or ½ tsp ginger ground
1g or ½ tsp nutmeg ground
Fruit Mince Filling
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the ingredients for the shortcrust and knead until well combined.
- Leave to rest while you prepare the filling.
- Add all of the filling ingredients to a small saucepan and simmer until liquid is reduced; approximately 5 minutes.
- Evenly distribute the pastry into 7 balls (1 for the top) and press the pastry into each mould of a muffin tray.
- Fill the pies with the fruit mince.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and cut either into circles or stars to place on top of the pies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown colour.
- Leave to cool before dusting with icing sugar and storing in a sealed container.