Fruit Mince Pies
200g or 1 ½ cups bakers flour
50g or ¼ cup castor sugar
100g coconut oil, room temperature
100g grated apple
6g or 1 Tbsp orange zest
75g orange juice
2g or 1 tsp cinnamon ground
1g or ½ tsp ginger powder
1g or ½ tsp nutmeg ground
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the ingredients for the shortcrust and knead until well combined.
- Leave to rest while you prepare the filling.
- Add all of the filling ingredients to a small saucepan and simmer until liquid is reduced; approximately 5 minutes.
- Evenly distribute the pastry into 7 balls (1 for the top) and press the pastry into each mould of a muffin tray.
- Fill the pies with the fruit mince.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and cut either into circles or stars to place on top of the pies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown colour.
- Leave to cool before dusting with icing sugar and storing in a sealed container.