So you have grabbed our Easy vegan Mac & cheese "In a bag" this is our go to meal if we want a meal packed with veggies yet the pure pleasure of Mac & Cheese comfort.
Follow the method set out below
Just add ingredients:
400g raw pumpkin, roughly chopped
180g raw carrot, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Chilli flakes to taste, optional
300ml pumpkin cooking liquid (see method)
- Cook the pumpkin and carrot in a pot of boiling water for approximately 10 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the cooked pumpkin and carrot BUT save the liquid and set aside.
- Cook the macaroni pasta in a pot of boiling water for 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain and add back to the pot.
- Add the ingredients from bag 2 into a blender along with the cooked vegetables and 300ml of the cooking liquid and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste.
- Pour the cheesy sauce into the pot of macaroni and mix until the pasta is fully coated in the sauce.
- Serve with extra chilli flakes and fresh spinach or as a side to your meal.