Easy delicious cheese, naturally gluten & dairy free.. made with cashews for a healthy yet mouthwatering cheese.
130g or 1 cup raw cashews
5g or 1 tsp garlic powder
6g or 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 generous pinch of salt (to taste)
3g or 1 tsp tapioca starch
1 Tbsp coconut oil
120g or ½ cup water
6g or 2 Tbsp Italian herbs
- Place the cashews into a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for at least 30 minutes and then strain.
- Add all of the ingredients (except the Italian herbs) to a high speed blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cashew cheese mixture into a small saucepan and heat on a medium to low heat.
- Stir using a spatula for 5-10 minutes. The mixture will become thick and will hold together.
- Line a small bowl with baking powder and press the mixture into it.
- Fold the paper over to conceal the cheese.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until the cheese sets (it will still be soft but should hold its shape.
- Place the Italian herbs onto a plate, unwrap the cheese and roll it gently in the italian herbs to coat the outside.
- Serve with fresh sourdough or homemade crackers.