150g rolled oats
150g bakers flour
6g baking powder
90g brown sugar
115g castor sugar
7g ground cinnamon
100g coconut oil, room temperature
50g plant milk
30g cocao, sifted
40g icing sugar, sifted
6g orange zest
80g almond butter
40g orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add all of the biscuit ingredients to a medium mixing bowl except for the plant milk.
- Combine the ingredients using a spoon and then your hands, making a well combined crumble.
- Pour in the plant milk and continue to combine with your hands until the mixture is firm enough to form balls.
- Roll the mixture into 16 small balls and place evenly spaced out onto two lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until they start to turn a golden colour.
- Take out of the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- While the biscuits are cooling, mix the filling ingredients in a small mixing bowl with a spoon.
- Spoon approximately a tablespoon of the filling onto the underside of one biscuit and press another one onto it, making a biscuit sandwich.
- Continue until you have 8 biscuit sandwiches.
- Store in the fridge.