This recipe is a golden nugget such an easy recipe to knock up
16g sesame seeds
2 ½ cups cooked white basmati rice*
15g tamari or soy sauce
15g tapioca starch
Olive oil, see method
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients using a spoon.
- Grease a muffin tray (a silicone tray works best) and sprinkle sesame seeds into each mould.
- Evenly distribute the rice mix into the muffin tray and press using the underside of a jar or similar utensil (the sesame seeds will stick to the rice mixture).
- Place the tray in the freezer for at least 1 hour to set.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Heat up a generous drizzle of olive oil in a fry pan on medium heat.
- Take the rice cakes out of the muffin tray and fry on each side for approximately 2 minutes or until they turn a nice golden brown colour.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your choice of toppings.