Raw Bulk Foods
Making your own hummus from scratch is a great way to reduce plastic pollution and save money! Try this recipe to figure out how easy it is and you'll never look back.
- 105g dried chickpeas*
8g ground cumin
10g ground coriander seeds
1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
5g fresh garlic or garlic powder
30ml lemon juice
- 50g tahini
- 30g olive oil
- 130ml cold water
- 2 ice cubes
- Cook the chickpeas until soft.*
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Serve as a side to a dish or with an array of dippers.
*Cook chickpeas by either:
- Soaking overnight and then boiling for approximately 2 hours or,
- Cook in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes
Leave a comment