Stop paying over the odds for breakfast bars that are usually full of fillers? Make your own with our organic ingredients and easy method
Blueberry Breakfast Slice
300g or 2 cups blueberries
50g or 2 Tbsp maple syrup
20g or 2 Tbsp chia seeds
60ml or ¼ cup water
110g or 1 cup oat flour*
110g or 1 cup rolled oats
170g or 2 whole mashed bananas
80g or ¼ cup maple syrup
3g or 1 tsp cinnamon
5g or 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a small saucepan, simmer the filling ingredients until the liquid is reduced and the blueberries are broken up.
- Add the crust ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour ⅔ of the crust mixture into a lined and greased baking tray () and spread to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the blueberry filling mix on top followed by the remaining crust mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool before cutting into slices and storing in the refrigerator.