Raw Lemon Slice
4 Medjool dates, pitted
½ or 50g cup of rolled oats,
1 cup or 100g natural almond meal
1 Tbsp or 5g lemon zest
¼ cup or 50g coconut oil, melted
1 pinch of salt to taste
1 cup or 130g raw cashews
Boiling water, see method
½ cup or 40g desiccated coconut
2 Tbsp or 30g lemon juice
5 Tbsp or 50g Icing sugar
40g coconut oil, melted
1 tsp or 2g lemon zest
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of boiling water while you prepare the base of the slice.
- Add all of the base ingredients to a food processor and blitz until well combined and crumbly. The mixture should hold together when pressed. If it seems too dry, add a touch more coconut oil.
- Press mixture into a lined tin.
- Set aside while you prepare the top.
- Add all of the “top” ingredients; not including the lemon zest, to the food processor.
- Blitz until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides where necessary.
- Spread evenly onto the base of the slice and sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- Once set, take the slice out of the tin and cut into preferred slices.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer.