Is Easter Easter without Hotcross bun, I few simple steps and you will have cooked better hot cross buns than the shop bought ones and even better generated no single use plastic packaging..
30g apple sauce
25g coconut oil
Zest from 1 orange
120ml plant milk, warm
- Add all of the ingredients from bag 1 into a large mixing bowl, followed by the “just add” ingredients.
- Mix with a spoon before kneading for 5 minutes (you may need some extra flour to dust the bench with here).
- Place the dough bowl back into the mixing bowl with a tea towel over it and leave to rise for 1-2 hours. It should double in size.
- Punch dough to deflate it and cut into 6 even portions.
- Shape each portion of the dough into a ball by pinching the dough so that the seam is at the bottom.
- Place the dough balls on a lined baking tray 2 cm apart from each other and cover with the tea towel. Leave to rise for another hour in a warm place.