1 Tbsp or 10g vegetable stock powder
¼ cup or 10g nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp or 3g dried oregano
1 roma tomato, finely diced
½ cup or 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the water into a small saucepan and add the stock powder.
- Bring the water to boil and slowly whisk in the polenta, stirring constantly.
- Once the polenta is thick and has absorbed all the water, stir through the nutritional yeast and oregano.
- Pour into a greased lined 24cm square tin and place in the refrigerator to chill and firm up, for approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut the polenta slab into bite size squares and place on a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil (optional).
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn the squares over and then continue to bake for another 5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve the polenta bites with the tomato and walnut topping.