Christmas Salad, the mix of pumpkin, cranberries and dressing with the crunch of walnuts makes this salad a table favourite, 15 minutes to make yet taste like you have been cooking for hours
Raw Bulk Foods
This nutritious salad that can be served hot or cold depending on your climate making it the perfect side dish on your table this Christmas. Prepare the ingredients a couple of days before so it's all ready to conveniently throw together on the day!
- 630g raw pumpkin, diced
- Olive oil for drizzling
Pinch of pepper
- 100g barley grain
- 750ml or 3 cups of water or stock water
- 130g kale or leafy green of choice, roughly chopped
- 80g walnuts
- 100g dried cranberries
- 50ml lemon juice
- 35g olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Spread the diced pumpkin onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with pepper, and then bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the barley grains to a small saucepan with 3 cups of water (or stock water) and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and leave for 25-35 minutes or until the barley is cooked to your preference. You may need to add more water depending on preferred cooking time.
- Leave the barley and pumpkin to cool before assembling the salad.
- Prepare the salad dressing by adding all the ingredients to a small jar and shaking until well combined.
- Place all of the ingredients into a salad bowl.
- Toss through the salad dressing just before serving.
Leave a comment